Evergreen content is essential to every business, and I always tell my clients to have it ready to go. It’s so, so important to have some ideas ready to go if you need a filler piece, or even if you get super distracted and can’t come up with anything to share. Having evergreen content is the easiest way to continue to share your brand, without being stressed. Having evergreen blog posts is important for SEO!
What is evergreen content?
“Put simply, it’s content that retains relevance, it’s not time sensitive and continues to drive traffic long after it is first published.” Digital Marketing Institute
Evergreen content will continue to stay fresh and relevant, even weeks after first writing it. It isn’t stuck on a trend, or breaking news. It is content that retains relevance, it’s not time sensitive and continues to drive traffic long after it is first published. Evergreen content will continue to stay fresh and relevant, even weeks after first writing it.
It is important to keep most of your content evergreen. I would suggest 80% of your content be evergreen, with the rest consisting of seasonal ideas. Evergreen content can be less demanding to produce since you do not have to gather the information right away. You can work on creating pieces over the year that will be relevant to your audience no matter when they read it.
Seasonal content can be great since not only will there be less competition on that topic, news and fads can get great social media traffic. Publishing a piece of relevant news can get more views than a topic they have seen multiple times before. It also allows you to show relevancy, and that you are on top of trends in your industry.
Examples of Evergreen Content:
- Tips and tricks
- DIY Tutorials
- Re-Grams from other accounts (make sure to credit!)
- About You
What is Not Evergreen Content:
- Pop culture fad
- Holiday or observances
Not sure how to implement evergreen content? Here are some tips:
- Take an hour to come up with 5 captions and 5 images they go with. One hour, and time yourself! That way you work quicker knowing you have a deadline.
- Or, if you are looking for evergreen blogs, take time to come up with 5 topics that will be good year round. Think of the top questions you get from clients, or commonly asked questions about your profession.
- You can also create social media or blog posts that go over your favorite Podcast episode, or a review of a book you recently read that helped change your business.
- Take another 30 minutes to get the content in your calendar. I love Planoly, (read all about why I love Planoly here) which lets me save ideas, that I can use later. Later also has this feature, and allows you to save captions in each image, so you don’t have to save it separately.
- When you need a piece for social media or your blog, bring in the pre-made content.
I assure you, it will make your busy weeks easier!
Hire a Virtual Assistant
Do you need some help creating evergreen content, or setting up a content calendar? That is where a virtual assistant comes in! I can help you strategize ideas for evergreen content, and can create posts for you to use. Send me a message, and let’s get started.